Monday, November 5, 2007

Orioles looking to deal

Two interstesting things from a Baltimore Sun interview with Andy MacPhail;

On Miguel Tejada;

"You met with shortstop Miguel Tejada late in the season. Have you had further discussions with him and is moving him to third base a realistic option?

I haven't talked to Miguel since the season was finished, but I'm a Tejada fan. To me, he's a good hitter, plays with a lot of enthusiasm and energy. I gave him different options. I felt I owed it to him to talk to him and give him an idea on where I was coming from. He told me where he was coming from. It's one of those situations where you have to see how things unfold over the course of the off-season.

Have you gotten a lot of interest in Tejada?

There is interest in good players out there. There are more positions open than there are real good players to fill them. I think it's going to be reasonable to expect that there is going to be a lot of interest in the players that performed well for us last year."

I think he is the best option out there to replace A-rod.

On Erik Bedard;

"Would exploring a contract extension for ace Erik Bedard be a priority before entertaining trade offers for the pitcher?

Twenty-eight-year-old left-handers that are as dominant as he was over the course of the season are hard to come by. ... I am responsible to listen to other clubs and see what they have in mind and what would make sense. I don't think that this franchise is in a position just to categorically reject anything without considering it. We've already had sort of preliminary conversations on an [extension] with his representative, but nothing specific. Clearly, it's something that interests us."

Intertesing, also news that Kazmir could be available.

No comments:

Search This Blog